General information Non Defence bookings Single LEAP rooms LIA admin and booking messages sent to personal email addresses Making group bookings at other bases
LIA levels Adding new users for Base LIA administration
Each base has specific rules associated to VIP room allocation. Many Bases manage the booking and allocation of VIP rooms manually. Refer to the Base guide for details.
Pre-arrival Base information
Pre arrival information about each base is available on our Base guides page.
Making a permanent room request for a course or posting
Don’t request a permanent room via Online Services if relocating due to posting or on course and using a removal with Toll Transitions (Toll).
- Complete your removal paperwork with Toll, this includes questions related to your transit and permanent LIA housing requirements.
- Toll will make these requests to DHA on your behalf.
- If you require a change to the start or end dates or cancellation of your LIA booking, please contact your Toll case manager who will again act on your behalf.
Course - The base course co-ordinators will generally already have set aside rooms for the course, you do not need to request a room via Toll or DHA.
If unsure either contact the base course co-ordinator or DHA on 139 342 for advice (have you been provided with a reference number by the course co-ordinator? Have it ready when you ring DHA).
Non-Defence booking requirements
Non-Defence individuals and groups are not authorised to make LIA bookings online for themselves. All non-Defence booking requirements must refer to the relevant base authority for sponsorship and booking creation.
In most instances, the base authority is the Estate Infrastructure Group representative, SADFO or equivalent. If in doubt contact DHA on 139 342.
Single Living Environment Accommodation Precinct (LEAP) is level 5 permanent accommodation.
Bookings and allocations for these rooms are managed by DHA, however there is a separate national contract that manages the on base concierge services such as key issues and maintenance.
There are additional rules and restrictions applicable to single LEAP rooms. These include:
- A minimum six month stay. No transit or temporary bookings are allowed.
- A 48 hour turn-around time between occupancies.
- 5 working days’ notice for a new booking.
- Room swaps between LEAP rooms are generally not permitted.
LIA messages sent to personal email addresses
LIA messages are sent to the email address used as your Online Services username.
- Only you can modify your username.
- If you are receiving LIA administrative emails (Outstanding Issues, Unallocated Requests) to your personal email address, it is recommended that you modify your username to your Defence work email address.
Setting a delegate - Defence members can provide another person, such as a family member, with their own access to their Online Services account for management of personal housing requirements including Service Residence maintenance.
- This access is provided by using the ‘manage my delegates’ option.
You are also recommended to ensure that your contact details are kept up to date.
Making group bookings at other Bases
For one off requirements: Contact the base directly to make a booking or DHA on 139 342.
Each base determines the personnel who are authorised and given access to make group bookings directly within Online Services for their base. Generally, most bases will only allow resident unit personnel to have this level of access, however there are exceptions to this.
If you believe you have an ongoing requirement, especially for courses, to be able to make and manage group bookings at other bases, please seek the approval from the base services Manager or SADFO/equivalent who can then forward your details to the DHA LIA contact centre
Defence classifies LIA into five levels, taking into consideration size, standard and number of amenities, the age of the building, upgrades and any factor relevant to the accommodation.
The table below is a guide only as to what each of the levels provide. DHA allocates rooms in accordance with PACMAN and with the room rules determined by the respective base SADFO and base services manager.
Adding new users for Base LIA administration
All members who have an Online Services account have the ability to make LIA bookings for themselves (permanent or transit) and for someone else (transit only).
Additional specific base level access is required to perform LIA administrative functions for rooms on that base i.e. making group bookings, booking VIP rooms, taking rooms or buildings off-line, confirming occupation/vacation and approving/cancelling allocation etc.
Different types of base access are defined in ‘roles’ and are outlined below. Roles can be assigned to you when the relevant base approver sends an email to the LIA Contact Centre
Emails for role assignment need to include the new users:
- PMKeys number (if existing)
- unit or company name if a contractor or job title.
- base (where the access is required)
- role type
- effective date required
- advice if the request is an additional role holder or a replacement role holder (provide details of the vacating user).
As the approving authority role has the ability to exercise some PACMAN delegations online, it is restricted to Defence Members who are Unit CO/OC or XO not below MAJ(E).