Typically, you will be provided with at least seven days’ notice prior to an inspection but at a minimum, you will be given 72 hours’ notice.
In order to maintain and monitor the quality of housing we provide, we conduct periodic inspections of your property during business hours. We will schedule this inspection and it will be carried out by a Property Manager, should you need to change the date/time of this inspection please contact us by submitting an enquiry via Online Services. If your inspection is within 72 hours, please contact us on 139 342. The purpose of the inspection is to identify any maintenance requirements and any non-fair wear and tear. Read about how we define non-fair wear and tear. and the standards of repair required. We may conduct additional periodic inspections of the property to help maintain the quality of our housing.
Defect and structural inspections
If you are residing in a property which has been recently constructed/upgraded, a defect or structural inspection may be required during your tenancy to identify any defects and facilitate any necessary repairs prior to the expiry of defect or structural warranty period.
Leased property inspections
The owner of a leased property is entitled to reasonable access to inspect their property, or if they are to on-sell or have their property valued. They must first contact us and where possible, we will combine a lessor inspection with a periodic inspection to minimise inconvenience.
Property sales and valuation inspections
We sell some of our properties to private investors. If your residence is to be included in this program, we will notify you and arrange for prospective investors to view the property at a mutually convenient time.
Prospective purchaser inspections
- The prospective purchaser will be accompanied by a contracted Sales Consultant, or Defence Housing Australia staff member, and will remain with the representative at all times.
- No photos will be taken
- No cupboards, drawers etc will be opened
- Please note the Defence Housing Australia representative attending the inspection is a sales representative. If you need to discuss matters about the property, please submit an enquiry via Online Services.
Prospective purchaser building, pest, bank valuation inspection
- Photos may need to be taken to assist the company with its report.
- Inspections may be required by the purchaser for the purpose of a building, pest, or bank valuations. These will be coordinated with you at a mutually convenient time.
- If you need to discuss matters about the property, please submit an enquiry via Online Services.