On this page
Key collection and returns
Non-LEAP Accommodation Office
Address: Building 3, Trump Place
Business hours: 0730-1630, Monday-Friday
Phone: 02 9647 5503
A/H Phone: 02 9647 5556, or 02 9647 5567
- Keys can be collected after 1400 from the Accommodation Office.
- Keys can be collected after hours from the Yellow accommodation key box in the OOD office at the main entrance Guard House.
- March out inspections must be booked at least 3 days prior to departure.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000 to drop box located on the green entry door of the Accommodation Office Building 3.
- Inform the office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
- Please contact the Officer of the Day on 0477 758 679 if an Emergency Room key is required.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms/Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office. It is essential that you are aware of your LIA obligations in accordance with PACMAN, Annex 7.3.A: Licence to Live In.
Change to your booking
You can modify bookings online using Online Services. Alternatively, call DHA on 139 342 for assistance.
DHA cannot take requests – contact Base XO for allocation.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to local Mess staff as follows:
- Sir David Martin Mess: $5/night, up to a maximum of $25/stay
HMAS Penguin is primarily a training base located in the suburb of Mosman, within 30 minutes’ drive to the Sydney CBD. The main entrance open 24 hours/day, is located on 7a Middle Head Road, Mosman.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
Vehicle pass applications are available from the NPC Office located in Building 3, near the Accommodation Office. Passes are to be displayed on the dashboard at all times.
Handy phone numbers