On this page
Key collection and returns
Address: Building 34, Steele Street
Business hours: 0830-1630, Monday-Friday
Phone: 0439 079 282
A/H Phone: 08 8935 5599
- Keys can be collected after 1400.
- Keys can be collected/returned after hours from the Security Office, Allen Avenue entrance.
- March out inspections must be booked 48 hours prior to departure.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000 to the Accommodation Office.
- Inform the office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
Single LEAP Concierge
Address: Building S0531, Stevens Terrace
Business hours: 0700-1700, Monday-Friday
Phone: 08 8985 7600
- March in inspections must be booked prior to arrival.
- March out inspections must be booked at least 3 days prior to departure.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms / Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
- For personnel allocated into LEAP, a description of the furniture and linen that will be supplied in your room can be found here.
(If you wish to have any of the furniture removed prior to your arrival to make room for your own furniture, please advise the LEAP concierge office prior to the date of your arrival).
- For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office or LEAP concierge as appropriate.
Change to your booking
You can modify bookings online using Online Services. Alternatively, call DHA on 139 342 for assistance.
DHA cannot allocate VIP rooms – contact the HQ NORCOM POC – no Officer rooms available.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to local Mess staff as follows:
Officers & SNCOs Mess: $5/night, up to $15/month
Larrakeyah Barracks, incorporating HMAS Coonawarra, is approximately a five minute drive from the Darwin CBD. The main entrance open 24 hours/day, is located on Allen Avenue, off Packard Street.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
Handy phone numbers
|Customer Service Centre
||08 8935 5357
||08 8935 5599
|Cyclone Warning Information
||1300 659 211
|BSSC - Mess enquiries
||1300 658 975