On this page
Key collection and returns
Address: Building N3, Borneo Road
Business hours: 0800-1600, Monday-Friday
Phone: 07 5618 6473
A/H address: Security Guard House (N01), Borneo Road
- March out inspections must be booked at least 24 hours prior to departure
- Keys can be collected after 1400
- Key collection and return to Accommodation Office
- Rooms are to be vacated by 1000
- After hours: keys can be collected/returned to the Guard House
- Lost keys must be notified to the Accommodation office immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms / Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office. It is essential that you are aware of your LIA obligations in accordance with PACMAN, Annex 7.3.A: Licence to Live In.
After hours key collection - important information
The new pickup point location is: N001 Borneo Road (Old entrance/Security Hut)
Directions: Enter Kokoda Barracks via Wau Rd off Beechmont Rd
Pin code for key collection:
- Turn right at Borneo Rd
- Continue to the right on Borneo Rd
2105. This is to be used to enter the Self Service Hub and can be provided by your Course Manager Duty Officer or MSS security officer.
Key drop off: Place key in key return chute located on the outside of Self Service Hub (Front Counter) OR place in key box outside Accommodation office located at the Accommodation Office Building N003.
Finding your key pack: Enter PIN code 2105 to enter Self Service Hub Building
Course: Find your name in the cabinet via alphabetical order from your last name.Sign the registration card and place in the container. You must sign for your key pack in the key register located in the foyer before you leave the building. All Other Members: Find your key pack in the pigeon holes via alphabetical order. Sign the registration card and place in the container. You must also sign for your key pack in the arrivals list located in the foyer of the building.
Change to your booking
You can modify bookings online using Online Services. Alternatively, call DHA on 139 342 for assistance.
DHA cannot take requests – contact E&IG POC – COL (E) above only.
Rationing and transport
Visiting groups requiring rationing at any of the base mess facilities or ground transport must submit an AE547 web form via the DRN at least 7 days prior to arrival. DHA is not able to arrange rations, transport or other base services.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly into the box at the bar for transiting members, students can pay via bank transfer as follows:
- Officers & SNCOs - $5/night, up to $30/month
- VIP Transit - $10/night, up to $30/month
- Accounts must be settled prior to departure, no later than the Tuesday before Friday March Out.
- For students, payment can be made via DEFBANK or internet banking. Bank details are: Defence Bank, BSB 803-205, A/C 2051.
Kokoda Barracks is a training base located 33 km from the Gold Coast CBD. The main entrance open 24hours/day, is located on Wau Road, Witheren off Beechmont Road.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADF personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADF visitors.
0407 007 825
VIP rooms - E&IG
07 5618 6250 or 0409 828 280