On this page
Key collection and returns
Address: Building 130, directions provided by Front Gate on arrival
Business hours: 0730-1630, Monday-Friday
Phone: 02 6933 8397
A/H Phone: 0419 780 013
- Keys can be collected after 1400.
- Keys can be collected/returned after hours from the Front Gate, Kapooka Drive entrance.
- March out inspections must be booked 3 days prior to departure.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000 to the Accommodation Office.
- Inform the office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
Single LEAP Concierge
Address: Building 532, Kapooka Drive
Business hours: 0700-1700, Monday - Friday
Phone: 02 6932 5600
- March in inspections must be booked prior to arrival.
- March out inspections must be booked at least 3 days prior to departure.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms / Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
- For personnel allocated into LEAP, a description of the furniture and linen that will be supplied in your room can be found here.
(If you wish to have any of the furniture removed prior to your arrival to make room for your own furniture, please advise the LEAP concierge office prior to the date of your arrival).
- For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office or LEAP concierge as appropriate.
Change to your booking
You can modify bookings online using Online Services. Alternatively, call DHA on 139 342 for assistance.
DHA cannot make VIP bookings – contact the ARTC POC.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to local Mess staff or at the bar as follows:
- Officers Mess: $10.00/night, up to 4 nights max
- SNCOs Mess: $5.00/night, up to 4 nights max.
Blamey Barracks, Kapooka is the sole recruit training centre for Army, approximately 10 kilometres south of Wagga Wagga. The main entrance open 24 hours/day, is located on Kapooka Drive off Camp Access Road via the Olympic Highway.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
Handy phone numbers
||02 6933 8361
||02 6933 8337
|Customer Service Centre (CSC)
||02 6933 9700
||0438 413 147
|ARTC – VIP rooms
||02 6933 8384