On this page
Borneo Barracks, Cabarlah is approximately 18 km north of Toowoomba in the Darling Downs district. The main gate is open 24 hours/day accessed off the New England Highway. Visiting groups are required to contact the base security officer at 7 signal Regiment for further information.
Key collection and returns
Address: Building D09 (Gordon Club)
Business hours: 0730-1600, Monday-Thursday – 0730-1400, Friday
Phone: 0497 850 504
A/H Phone: Base Security Officer
- Keys can be collected/returned after hours from lockers details are emailed to attendees
- March out inspections must be booked at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000 to the Accommodation Office.
- Inform the office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
- Emergency room keys are stored in the lockers at Downer Accommodation. The Duty Officer of either 7 Sig Regt or DFSS-EWW are to be contacted to authorise issue of the keys.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms / Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office. It is essential that you are aware of your LIA obligations in accordance with PACMAN, Annex 7.3.A: Licence to Live In.
Book via Online Services for LTCOL and above. Senior Non-commissioned Officer room for WO1 (E) above only may be available ring DHA to book. Contact 7 SIG Regt POC for CO’s flat allocation.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to local Mess staff as follows:
- Officers Mess: $5/night, up to $25/month
Handy phone numbers