On this page
RAAF Base Amberley is approximately 15 km southwest of Ipswich CBD and 50 km South West of Brisbane CBD. The main entrance open 24hours/day, is located on Southern Amberley Road off Ipswich Rosewood Road from Cunningham Highway.
Key collection and returns
Non-Leap Accommodation Office
Address: Building 1450, Rosewood Road
Business hours: 0800-1600, Monday - Friday
Phone: 07 5362 0459 or 0408 758 040
A/H Phone: 07 5361 2888 or 0408 758 040
- Keys can be collected after 1400 from the Accommodation Office.
Keys can be collected after hours from the Accommodation Office. Keys are to be returned to Downer Accommodation Office – if departing after hours there is an ‘after hours’ key return box
- Inform the office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000h to Downer Accommodation Office
After hours key collection - important information
The pickup / collection point location is: Building 343 (23SQN HQ?s)
Single Leap Concierge
Address: Building 1020, off Rosewood Road
Business hours: 0730-1700, Monday - Friday
Phone: 07 5464 3133
- March in inspections must be booked prior to arrival.
- March out inspections must be booked at least 3 days prior to departure.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms / Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
- For personnel allocated into LEAP, a description of the furniture and linen that will be supplied in your room can be found here.
(If you wish to have any of the furniture removed prior to your arrival to make room for your own furniture, please advise the LEAP concierge office prior to the date of your arrival).
- For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office or LEAP concierge as appropriate.
VIP rooms / cabins
No VIP rooms, all requests will be accommodated in available transit room(s).
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to local Mess staff as follows:
- Officers Mess - $4/night, up to $10/month
- SNCOs Mess - $2/night, up to $8/month
Handy phone numbers