As the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to rapidly evolve we want to assure you that the management and staff at Defence Housing Australia (DHA) are acting quickly to ensure the health and safety of our staff and customers.
Our leadership team meets frequently and is guided by advice from the Department of Health and the Australian Government at this time, and we will continue to take immediate action on their recommendations. We will be keeping our staff and customers regularly informed of the decisions and actions we are taking as an organisation.
In order to mitigate the risk to the community and to maintain our operations we are taking the following actions:
- Hygiene practices: All staff and DHA contractors have been briefed on hygiene and social distancing practices to reduce exposure to, and transmission of infection.
- Inspections: We have reviewed our schedule of DHA leased or owned property inspections and, to minimise disruption and the risk of exposure, non-critical inspections are being deferred or completed over the telephone.
- Our systems: We have systems in place to allow DHA staff to work from home where possible.
- DHA offices: In preparation, and as a precautionary measure, we have restricted public and customer access to our offices.
- Keeping in contact: All DHA residents have been requested to advise DHA if they have self-quarantined or are in isolation as a priority, providing the relevant dates. This can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time and for helping us to minimise the risks associated with COVID-19.
For any enquiries please submit an online enquiry