Water reimbursements

Water reimbursements

As the property owner, you can claim reimbursement for the metered water usage at your DHA property. To seek a reimbursement to this entitlement, please provide the following to us via email or by post:

Accounts Payable
PO Box 4923
Kingston ACT 2604

When seeking reimbursement, you must provide:

  • a copy of all pages of the invoice (showing the property address, itemised charges, meter reading dates and the quantity of kilolitres consumed)
  • proof of payment (i.e. a receipt) which shows the date payment was made.

We will provide a credit to your account for the appropriate amount and report the transaction on your monthly statement. We recommend that water bills be presented within 18 months of the bill date. Reimbursement requests received by the 18th day of the month will appear on your next rental statement. Requests received after this date will appear on the following months rental statement.

If you have opted to use the bill-paying service, we will pay your account in full and deduct the fixed service; environmental charges; and fixed sewerage charges from your rental statement.

If you are interested in learning more about how our bill-paying service can assist, please visit Bill-paying service.

See also: Special instruction – Water rate charges.

If you need more information about managing your accounts, you can email us or alternatively call 139 342.

Did you know?

If you have opted to use the bill-paying service, we will pay your account in full. The only charges deducted quarterly from your rental payment will be the fixed service, environmental charges, and fixed sewerage charges.

Learn about our Bill-paying service.

Contact us

Email: lessormanagement@dha.gov.au

Call: 139 342, option 2

: We welcome your feedback on how we can improve this page or our services.

These resources are intended for information only. DHA does not accept any responsibility for any inaccuracy or actions taken in reliance upon this information. Please refer to your individual lease for full terms and conditions.