Lease end repair
As the end of the lease agreement approaches, we ensure your property is:
- cleaned to a professional standard
- with appliances clean and in working order
- the dwelling, grounds and landscaping are in a neat and tidy condition.
In the event of an emergency, we will act on your behalf. The emergency could be anything from flooding, fire or a breakdown of an essential service.
We cover the cost of repairs to items for which we are responsible.
If the repairs are your responsibility, we will contact you and ask for your instructions. In this situation we will pass any reasonable costs we incur on to you.
We're here to help you manage your property. We conduct periodic inspections and provide access for repairs. The inspection reports are available in Online Services.
Should a contractor or insurer need access to the property we can arrange an inspection time. Reasons for access include:
- depreciation schedules
- real estate inspections
- mid-lease sales
- pest or building inspections.
Submit your requests for access by email. Ensure you tell us your preferred dates and the name and role of people who need access.
You may also want to view the property yourself. If so, contact us to schedule a time that is suitable for you and the occupant. Due to the unique nature of our occupants and their employment, additional privacy and security measures are applied. No pictures can be taken of the property while the property is occupied.
There may be a delay in accessing your property where the occupant is deployed or on course.
The images available in Online Services may not be current. Where possible, we will take new photographs during the changeover of occupants. All photographs will be date stamped.
A visual inspection that is undertaken by our staff and the resulting report does not and cannot make comment upon:
- the assessment or detection of defects including rising damp and leaks
- the presence or absence of pests including timber pests
- common property areas
- site drainage apart from surface water drainage
- the durability of exposed finishes
- any matters that are regulated by law or relevant Code or Standard
- and any areas or items that could not be inspected by our staff.
As a result, the inspection report is not a guarantee that defects and/or damage do not exist.