If your DHA Lease Agreement allows you to pursue a secondary market rent valuation, you have until 10 February 2020 to complete the secondary review process. Please follow these steps to initiate the process:
- You must contact DHA to indicate that you intend to pursue the secondary market rent valuation process. You can do so by logging into Online Services. Within Online Services, you can simply select the ‘Secondary Review Process’ button. This will automatically inform us of your intentions.
- You must engage a valuer of your choice. The valuer must be a certified practicing and registered member of the Australian Property Institute in the state or territory in which your DHA leased property is located.
Note: Your valuer will be required to liaise with the DHA Valuations team and the DHA appointed market valuer as part of the review process.
- You must provide your valuer with a copy of your DHA Lease Agreement and the DHA guidelines for lessor valuer.
- You must confirm that your valuer understands that the market rent valuation is to be undertaken as at 31 December of the previous year. Their valuation report should only include rents achieved for comparable properties leased before this date (i.e. not listed rentals), and should not include DHA leased properties. Further information is provided in the DHA guidelines for lessor valuer.
- You must submit the secondary market rent valuation (your valuer’s report) to DHA by 10 February of the current year. You can do so through Online Services or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require further information or assistance, please contact the DHA Valuations team by email via email@example.com or phone 139 342 between 8.30am and 4.30pm AEST.
You must provide your valuer with a copy of your DHA Lease Agreement and the DHA guidelines for lessor valuer.