On this page
Key collection and returns
Non-LEAP Accommodation Office
Address: Building 3, located in the Naval Store
Business hours: 0800-1600, Monday-Friday
Phone: 02 9337 0623
A/H Phone: 02 6937 4566
- Junior and Senior sailors can collect keys after 1400 from Accommodation Office.
- Officer's can collect keys after 1400 from the Wardroom (building 12, Sirius Road).
- Keys can be collected/returned after hours from the Guard House, Cliff Street entrance.
- March out inspections must be booked at least 3 days prior to departure.
- Keys to be returned with rooms vacated by 1000 to the Accommodation Office.
- Inform the office of lost keys immediately. A cost will be incurred for replacement.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms/Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office. It is essential that you are aware of your LIA obligations in accordance with PACMAN, Annex 7.3.A: Licence to Live In.
External groups are required to have Air Base Command Post (ABCP) approval through lodgement of a Combat Service Request (CSR) for visits greater than 48 hours. A DHA confirmed LIA booking does not provide this approval. External groups requiring less than 48hours accommodation must submit a Short Term Transit Request accessed via the Combat Support Coordination Centre (CSCC).
Change to your booking
You can modify bookings online using Online Services. Alternatively, call DHA on 139 342 for assistance.
Contact DHA for WGCDR(E) or above – all other bookings contact the base mess POC.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Queries should be directed to the Accommodation Office.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to local Mess staff as follows:
- Officers & Senior sailors Mess - $5/night, up to $25/month.
HMAS Watson is approximately 11km from Sydney CBD in the suburb of Watsons Bay. The main entrance open 24hours/day, is located off Cliff Street, Watsons Bay.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
Handy phone numbers