On this page
Key collection and returns
Single LEAP Concierge
Address: Building 5049, Tarin Kowt Avenue
Business hours: 0700-1700, Monday-Friday
Phone: 07 4421 6400
Address: Building 400, Gallipoli Drive
Business hours: 0730-1600, Monday-Friday
Phone: 07 4411 7902 or 07 4411 9738
A/H address: Melton Black Drive- Main Entrance
- March out inspections must be booked at least 2 weeks prior to departure
- Keys can be collected after 1400
- Key collection and return to Accommodation Office
- Rooms are to be vacated by 1000
- After hours: key collection/return to MMS Security Office manned 24 hours/day
- Lost keys: Lost keys must be notified to the Accommodation office immediately.
A cost will be incurred for replacement.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms / Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- Permanent/Temporary (≥ 22 days) - You will need to bring your own toiletries, towel and clean your own room/cabin (excluding Duty Officer, Recruit or Cadet Accommodation).
- For personnel allocated into LEAP, a description of the furniture and linen that will be supplied in your room can be found here.
(If you wish to have any of the furniture removed prior to your arrival to make room for your own furniture, please advise the LEAP concierge office prior to the date of your arrival).
- For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office or LEAP concierge as appropriate.
Change to your booking
You can modify bookings online using Online Services. Alternatively, call DHA on 139 342 for assistance.
Contact DHA to make bookings for COL(E) and above and WO1(E) only. 7 night maximum applies; extensions can be made provided it does not conflict with another booking. All requests outside of these provisions to HQ 3 BDE POC for allocation.
Rationing and transport
Visiting groups requiring rationing at any of the base mess facilities or ground transport must submit an AE547 web form via the DRN at least 7 days prior to arrival. DHA is not able to arrange rations, transport or other base services.
Non-duty bookings attract a charge in accordance with Defence policy (FINMAN). Cost recovery will be initiated after key collection by the on-base Accommodation Office. Change to queries should be directed to HQ 3 BDE POC for non-duty bookings.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to local Mess staff as follows:
- Officers' Mess - $5/night, up to $20/month
SGTs' Mess – No Fee
Lavarack Barracks is a major Army Base, 12 kilometres from the Townsville CBD in Queensland. The main entrance open 24hours/day, is located on Melton Black Drive, Murray, off the Bruce Highway.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
VIP Rooms - HQ 3 BDE POC
07 4411 1825