On this page
Key collection and returns
Address: HMAS Moreton, 132 Taylor Street, Bulimba, Building A008
Business hours: 0715 – 1615, Monday – Friday
Phone: 07 3332 3671
After Hours: Security Guard House, 132 Taylor Street, Bulimba
- The pick-up of keys after hours is to be arranged with the Barrack Master prior to arrival.
- Keys will be left in an envelope at the front gate for pick up.
- An accommodation pamphlet, room status and key signature will be contained within the same envelope.
- The keys signature page is to be returned to the Barrack Master during the next working day.
- Keys are to be returned to the Barrack Master or in to the drop box on the Eastern entry to the accommodation building.
- Transit (up to 21 days) - Rooms / Cabins provisioned with soap, toilet paper and towel (replenished and room/cabin cleaned every seven days)
- For further information about your room/cabin, contact the base Accommodation Office. It is essential that you are aware of your LIA obligations in accordance with PACMAN, Annex 7.3.A: Licence to Live In.
Changes to your booking
Bookings can only be modified by Barracks Master or DHA LIA Contact Centre.
Contact HMAS Moreton Barrack Master for use of VIP cabin.
Non-duty bookings are not available at HMAS Moreton.
Rations and messing facilities
There are no ration or messing facilities at HMAS Moreton. The nearest mess is at Gallipoli Barracks.
Mess fees are levied by the local Mess Committees in recognition of amenities funded from non-public monies (e.g.: newspapers, Wi-Fi, etc). Mess fees are payable directly to the Treasurer and are to be settled prior to departure:
- Fees: $5/night, up to a maximum of $20
- Account: BSB – 833 205, Account - 3880594
HMAS Moreton supports RAN and ADF operations in South Queensland. The main headquarters is based out of building A008. Moreton is approximately 20 minutes from the Brisbane CBD and Brisbane airport. The suburb of Bulimba (20 minute walk) has various cafes, restaurants and shops. There are bus services and ferry services from Bulimba into the CBD. Bus number 235 leaves from the end of Taylor’s Street and Bus number 230 leaves from Oxford Street Bulimba.
A valid Defence pass is required to gain access to this base. Visiting Defence personnel should familiarise themselves with any additional security arrangements prior to arrival. Non-ADO personnel occupying LIA are required to have base approval prior to arrival. This includes members of foreign forces, minors, non-ADO visitors.
Handy phone numbers