Step 1. Register with DHA
- Complete the registration form or contact DHA on 133 342.
- A DHA Sales Consultant will contact you to guide you through the sales process.
Step 2. Obtain finance pre-approval
- Provide written finance pre-approval from your Bank/Broker, or evidence of sufficient funds to settle the property, to your DHA Sales Consultant (for example, this might include a recent bank statement, term deposit, SMSF statement etc.)
Step 3. View properties for sale
- View the properties released for sale. Properties are released every second Tuesday.
Step 4. Select the property you wish to purchase
Advise your DHA Sales Consultant once you have found the DHA investment property for you. DHA will provide the address to assist with due diligence.
- Your DHA Sales Consultant will enter you into the fortnightly ballot. The ballot takes place every second Thursday, nine days after the properties are released.
- Consider which Solicitor or Conveyancer you will use to assist you in purchasing a property.
Step 5. Property placed on hold
If you have been successful in the ballot, the DHA property will be placed on hold for seven days. During this time you will need to:
- Pay the holding deposit ($2,000)
Please note: this is the only deposit required throughout the settlement process, and the deposit is fully refundable if the sale does not proceed. The deposit for DHA properties in South Australia is paid upon confirmation of finance.
- Complete the Purchaser Information form supplied by your DHA Sales Consultant.
- (Optional) you may also choose to request a purchaser inspection at this stage.
Step 6. Purchase
Contract process begins:
- DHA Sales Consultant will submit the Sales Advice to your Solicitor.
- It is recommended you arrange a building and pest inspection, prior to settlement.
- Sign and return contracts via Solicitors.
- Finalise and confirm your finance.
- You are required to arrange building, landlord insurance and public liability insurance for no less then $10,000,000.00.
- Settlement occurs, typically this takes seven weeks from the date the sales advice is issued.
Take the first step
Our sales consultants can help guide you through buying an investment property with DHA.
To get started call us on 133 342 or enquire online.
Rent is subject to abatement in limited circumstances. Rent is paid where the property is able to be occupied. Should a property become uninhabitable during the term of the lease or due to a lessor’s breach of the lease terms, the rent may be withheld until the property has been rectified and can be re-occupied. Ongoing rent are subject to the terms of the lease. DHA does not take into account an investors objectives or financial needs. Investors should always seek appropriate advice before making any investment decisions with DHA.