How to buy a DHA Mid-lease property
When you buy a DHA mid-lease property, you get one of the most secure property investments available in Australia – with no tenanting obligations and a rental income that is guaranteed throughout the lease term.
DHA mid-lease sales are similar to standard property transactions involving a Real Estate Agent.
Step 1. View properties for sale
- View the properties currently listed for sale mid-lease. You can search by region, property type and lease term.
Step 2. Liaise with the Real Estate Agent
- The Real Estate Agent will have all of the information you need regarding the property. They will arrange an inspection time when required and you can negotiate directly with the Agent on the price of the property.
Step 3. Purchase
Once an offer has been accepted by the vendor:
- The Real Estate Agent will arrange contracts to be signed by both parties. You will need to nominate your Solicitor/Conveyancer and review the DHA lease agreement.
- If not already provided, it is recommended you arrange a building and pest inspection.
- Finalise and confirm your finance.
- It is recommended you arrange building and landlord insurance.
- Settlement occurs, typically this takes four to eight weeks from the date contracts were signed.
- Ensure your solicitor returns the Lessor Information form and Letter of Attornment to DHA so you can be set up in the system and rental payments can be activated.
- You will receive a Welcome letter from DHA once all forms and paperwork have been received.
Step 4. DHA Online Services
- Log in to DHA Online Service with the username and password supplied by DHA.
- Update your details and check statements as required.
Attention: This information is intended to provide general information only. DHA may alter its mid-lease sales process from time to time. Investment is subject to DHA's lease terms and conditions of sale. Investors retain some responsibilities and risks. Prospective investors should seek independent advice. DHA does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracy or actions taken in reliance on this information.